Hamachi Crudo with Blood orange
By, The Culinary Institute of America
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Prepare salsa (instructions below) and set aside.
- Slice Hamachi into 1/8-inch-thick pieces.
- Pour some of the juice from the salsa over the Hamachi.
- Smear a spoonful of avocado across the plate.
- Spread a tablespoon of salsa on the plate and place 3 Blood orange segments on top.
- Fold the Hamachi and stand upright on the plate around the segments in the salsa.
- Top with sliced radishes and micro greens. Drizzle with sesame oil, and a little juice from the salsa. Top with maldon salt.
- Place a few pieces of micro shiso and shards of candied Blood oranges around the plate.
- Place orange juice in a small pot.
- Bring to a low simmer and reduce by ¾. Let cool.
- Gently combine the cold reduced juice, orange segments, red onions and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Keep the segments whole.