BLOOD ORANGE LOAF
Maggie Michalczyk, RD
Cooking: 50 Mins
Preparation: 10 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan to prevent bread from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on low, mix together the yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, Blood orange zest and 1 cup juice and vanilla until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. The loaf is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- While loaf cools, prepare the Blood orange frosting (instructions below).
- Once the loaf is cool, drizzle the frosting on top and top loaf with extra blood orange slices. Cut into slices and serve.
BLOOD ORANGE FROSTING
- Create the Blood orange frosting by mixing the confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 cup of blood orange juice together with a spoon in a small bowl.