Make the most out of citrus season by drying your favorite Sunkist® varieties. It's easy to do, and fills your home with a beautiful, warm citrus aroma. Use dried citrus as decor, to add a fragrant garnish to tea, hot water and cocktails or as a gluten-free cracker alternative on cheese plates.
PREPARATION: 20 minutes
BAKING: 6 hours
- Preheat your oven to 150°F.
- Wash the citrus fruit and cut into uniform slices, about 1/8"- 1/4" thick.
- Arrange on a baking tray over two paper towels to absorb the juices and continue layering the paper towels and fruit in a stack.
- To bake, arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- After 3 hours, place a sheet of parchment paper over the citrus slices and cover with another baking sheet. Hold both baking sheets together and flip so that the citrus slices bake evenly on both sides.
- Return to the oven for another 3 hours or until dried; they should be bendable, and no juice should come out.