Valencia Orange Beef And Broccoli
Switch things up by adding some orange to the classic beef and broccoli combo.
PREPARATION: 10 minutes
COOKING: 15 minutes
- In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, freshly squeezed Sunkist® Valencia orange juice and freshly grated zest. Set aside.
- Cut broccoli into large florets, including some stem.
- In a microwavable container with a lid, microwave broccoli for 2 - 3 minutes until just tender. Option to instead steam broccoli.
- Pat beef dry and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch and toss together to coat well.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat until very hot. Add beef and quickly cook, turning with a spatula, for about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and reserved freshly squeezed orange juice mixture. Cook for about 1 more minute, or until sauce thickens and coats beef nicely.
• Serve with steamed rice and garnish with sliced fresh green onion.
• Try adding in sliced water chestnuts for a touch of crunch.