Skip to content
LEMON CRUMIRI COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 2 minutes until light in color. Add the powdered sugar and mix for another minute.
- Mix the flour, polenta and salt in a bowl and add it to the butter mixture. Mix just until dough comes together.
- Separate dough into 2 disks. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, dust a large counter space with flour and roll the dough out about 1/4 in thick. Cut dough into small rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Lay cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes just till golden brown. Let cookies chill.
LEMON CURD CREAM
- Place eggs, yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar in a bowl that fits over a pot of water.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer and place the bowl over the pot to create a double boiler. Whisk the mixture continuously until everything comes together and thickens. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once thickened immediately strain curd into another bowl then whisk in butter until smooth.
- Place the lemon curd mixture in the refrigerator and chill until completely cold.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks then fold it in the lemon curd. Place in a piping bag.
- To assemble, place half of the cookies turned over and pipe about a tbsp. of filling on each cookie. Then sandwich it with another cookie. Place sandwiched cookies into the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve sift more powdered sugar on top of cookies and enjoy.