Orange Pistachio Loaf Cake
By Andrea Mathis, RD
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, add in the eggs, vanilla Greek yogurt, orange zest, orange juice, and oil until smooth and combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean. To help prevent excessive browning, loosely drape a piece of foil over the cake during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Allow loaf cake to cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes before drizzling the orange glaze on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth and combined. If needed add more orange juice or powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
- Evenly drizzle glaze over bread and add some orange zest and pistachios on top before slicing and serving.