Skip to content
- In a large bowl, combine the cream and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Blend in lemon juice. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- Stir in orange zest and juice.
- Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy with stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip
Cream Puff Dough
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a saucepan, combine water, butter, zest and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- With a wooden spoon, quickly stir in the flour until the mixture forms a ball and doesn’t stick to the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time, until thoroughly blended.
- On a greased baking sheet, spoon dough (or squeeze through a pastry tube) into fourteen 2” mounds, a few inches apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks then cut each puff in half horizontally.
- Pipe the cream puff shells with orange filling, replace the tops and sprinkle with powdered sugar.