Spice Orange Beet Soup with Coconut Yogurt
THIS BRILLIANTLY COLORED VEGAN SOUP IS PACKED WITH GOODNESS.
Preparation: 25 minutes
- Juice the citrus into a measuring cup; you will need about 3/4 cup of juice. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often for about 1 minute.
- Add the ground coriander, broth and beets, bring to a simmer, and then turn the heat down to medium.
- Cover pot with a lid and cook until beets are just tender (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the orange juice.
- Working in small batches, purée the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return the puréed soup to the pan and heat until hot, but do not boil. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve soup drizzled with the coconut yogurt.
• If you’re short on time you can always pick up raw shredded beets from your grocer’s salad bar for an easy alternative to prepping fresh beets.
• Microwave the coconut yogurt a few seconds before drizzling, to warm it and thin the consistency.